|Downloadable via the Homebrew App Store|
Haxchi is a homebrew app that can quickly load custom firmware by replacing a real Virtual Console DS game with itself, so to load the custom firmware for the current kernel session, simply open Haxchi from the Wii U Menu.
Coldboot Haxchi (also known as CBHC) is another version of Haxchi. It injects code into the boot process to automatically load Haxchi.
- Install a Virtual Console DS game if you don't have one already. The cheapest one is "Brain Age" (known as "Brain Training" on PAL consoles).
- Download Haxchi from the Homebrew App Store and put it on the SD card.
- Run Haxchi from the Homebrew Launcher.
- Select the game you want to use. You won't be able to play this game while Haxchi is installed, so choose wisely.
- Press A to accept the disclaimer, or HOME to cancel.
- Haxchi should now install.
Haxchi can be uninstalled simply by deleting the channel. The DS game can be recovered by downloading it again from the Nintendo eShop.
The DS game that Haxchi is installed over will be replaced by a new channel, the Haxchi Channel. Launching this channel loads up the Haxchi CFW, although there are also some tools that can be used, such as holding A to load the Homebrew Launcher after the CFW is loaded.