|Downloadable via the Homebrew App Store|
|This homebrew installs content to your Wii U that is persistent after a reboot, and may void your warranty.|
Haxchi is a homebrew app that can quickly load homebrew using a channel on the System Menu. It replaces a real Virtual Console DS game with itself, so it is required to download one from the eShop, and this game will not be playable while Haxchi is installed.
Coldboot Haxchi (also known as CBHC) is another version of Haxchi. It injects code into the boot process to automatically load Haxchi.
- Install a Virtual Console DS game if you don't have one already. The cheapest one is "Brain Age" (known as "Brain Training" on PAL consoles).
- Download Haxchi from the Homebrew App Store and put it on the SD card.
- Run Haxchi from the Homebrew Launcher.
- Select the game you want to use. You won't be able to play this game while Haxchi is installed, so choose wisely.
- Press A to accept the disclaimer, or HOME to cancel.
- Haxchi should now install.
Haxchi can be uninstalled simply by deleting the channel. The DS game can be recovered by downloading it again from the Nintendo eShop.
The DS game that Haxchi is installed over will be replaced by a new channel, the Haxchi Channel. Launching this channel loads up the Haxchi CFW, although certain buttons can be configured to perform certain actions instead of loading the CFW. For example, many people configure A to load the Homebrew Launcher to skip the need to run an inconsistent Browserhax exploit, though this quickly gets superseded by a dedicated channel for HBL installed by WUP Installer.