- CPU: IBM PowerPC based processor codenamed "Espresso". Clocked at 1243.125 MHz.
- Three Cores, each with one thread
- GPU: AMD Radeon, package codenamed "Latte". GPU Core clocked at 549.999 MHz.
- (with 1 GB reserved for the operating system and unavailable to games, consisting of four 4 Gbit (512 MiB) DDR3-1600 memory modules, each 3.2 GB/s bandwidth for a total of 12.8 GB/s)
- 8GB (Basic) or 32GB (Deluxe/Premium) eMMC NAND (BGA) 
- 512MB NAND (TSOP48) for WiiMode
- Optical disc drive supporting Wii (4.7GB/layer) and Wii U (25GB/layer) Discs
- Laser Class: Class 1 laser
- Laser Type: Semiconductor laser
- Laser Wavelength: 405 nm (Wii U), 660 nm (Wii)
- Laser Power: Max. 0.6 nW, Max. 0.9 mW
- Numeric aperture: 0.85, 0.6
- Read speed (max): 22.5MB/s
Ports and peripheral capabilities
*1 requires System Software 2.0.0 or higher
*2 not yet possible in System Software 2.1.0, first Pad displays the detection of 2nd during registration, looses it's own after finishing registration of 2nd. So no Menu and Game support of two GamePads yet